If you are following a low-carb, ketogenic diet you may crave bread.This recipe has quickly become one of my favorites! The outcome is so soft, flaky bread and will definitely be favorite too!
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (150g)
- Flax seeds meal or powder (30g)
- Psyllium husk (40 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame or flax or chia seeds – optional
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Keep your baking tray ready lined with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients : almond flour, flax meal, ground psyllium husk, baking powder and salt.
- Add apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and stir in the hot water. Make a soft dough with hands.
- It should be so soft that you should be able to form a ball with your hand.
- If not add slightly more husk 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Set aside 5-7 minutes to let the fibre absorbs the liquid .
- The dough should be elastic, soft and easy to divide into 6 small balls.
- Brush the top of each bread balls with a bit of regular water.
- Sprinkle some sesame/chia/flax seeds on top f each bread – optional but delicious!
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 375F.
- Cool down a cooling rack.
- Slice halfway and enjoy as a bread roll with nut butter or guacamole.
- Store in the pantry for 5-6 days
TOTAL FAT 10.1g
TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES 6.9g