Being a vegetarian and allergic to eggs, I keep looking for ways to add protein to my diet. Here is my new wonder plant. SPIRULINA
Spirulina is an organism that grows in both fresh and salt water.Gram for gram, spirulina may be the single most nutritious food on the planet.
This tiny alga (cyanobacteria) is packed with nutrients. A single tablespoon (7 grams) of dried spirulina powder contains
Protein: 4 grams
Here is the research paper Source: (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136577/)
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup Stevia or xylitol or maple syrup or agave nectar or regular sugar
1/2 mashed ripe banana (optional)
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon Spirulina powder (optional)or whey protein powder (Optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or regular salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Mix wet ingredients (banana, oil, vanilla exttact)in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients ( alomnd flour, salt, baking soda) to a separate bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Make desrired shapes with the cookie dough and place onto a coconut oil greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving.