Let’s make a personalized organic homemade lipstick – chemical free and economical to make. It is made of ingredients that you do have around your house.
When I first made this, I used my son’s crayon just to check how the texture comes out. Not sure if it is safe to use that; so I ordered Organic edible crayons. There are many other substitutes of color you want in Whole Foods and Amazon. You get organic beet powder, cocoa powder, natural red food color, crushed beet chips. Turmeric, and you can explore more.
- 2 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- 3/4 of edible organic a crayon – any color
- Peppermint essential edible oil (optional)
- An empty lip stick mold or tea light tin container
I ordered from here:
- Choose crayons as per your choice that look wearable to lip colors on their own.
- Break each crayon into small pieces. This will help them to melt faster.
- Place the pieces in microwave safe bowl. Keep in microwave for 45 seconds. Keep watching your crayons melt. Alternatively, Melt the crayon and coconut oil in a container or bowl in a small pot of simmering (not boiling) water.
- When your crayons are good and melts stir in 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Again pop in microwave for 45 seconds. Add essential oil if you want.
- Pour your mixture into a small container, mold, tea light tin, or an empty Chap stick or lipstick tube.
- Now let your lip color harden for an hour or so. You can place in the refrigerator too. Apply with finger if it’s in container or you can directly apply if its in lipstick molds.
Note: It doesn’t stay for full day but I find it a good alternative to other lipsticks I use, also really moisturizes my lips, and they actually feel even softer. You can make glossy and matt shades by varying the quantity of crayon or color you are using.
Enjoy happy shining soft lips!!!