Herbs make everything taste better, feel better, shine better. I can’t imagine cooking, cleaning, surviving in my kitchen without them!
Turmeric is my new valentine this season. It is famous for staining things yellow but trust me this isn’t the case with teeth. Surprisingly it make them shine so white. Yes in the end you have to clean the sink with some warm water.
So, after thinking and searching about it; I made some home made yellow magic paste and kids too liked it :). Off course after little bit of bribing. Coconut oil is known for its anti-bacterial qualities. I posted couple of recipes for oral hygiene:
Apple Cider Vinegar- Mouthwash
Here comes the another recipe:
Turmeric Coconut Oil Toothpaste recipe
- Organic turmeric root OR organic turmeric powder -4 tablespoons
- Baking soda- 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Organic, virgin coconut oil-2 to 3 tablespoons
- Mix everything together.
- Dip your toothbrush in the paste and brush teeth the way you do. Don’t rinse immediately. Allow the paste to sit on your teeth for 3-5 minutes so that it can do it’s wonder.
- Spit and rinse thoroughly, then do a second brushing using your regular toothpaste. If not, give it a few days to a week – I am sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
- Clean your sink if needed.
Lets enjoy white shining smiles!!!