This gluten-free broccoli cheese soup is simply delicious. No flour or artificial thickeners are necessary for this one.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or any cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 30 ml heavy cream
- 20 ml butter
- Take a pan. Add butter to it. Now add garlic. Let it get fragrant.
- Now add onions and saute.
- Add broccoli.
- Pour in water.
- Let it turn tender and keep boiling.
- Now add the heavy cream. Add the nutmeg, salt and black pepper.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the broccoli is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and allow to melt.
- I like it with chunks of broccoli , you can blend it if you like creamy.
Please follow and like us: