Many of my friends ask how to introduce healthy eating habits to kids, so few things that we do:
- Teach them to Count their blessings.
Have a moment of thanks each day when everyone shares something they’re thankful for. Whether the list includes a favorite toy, snack, food, water, home, healthy legs, eyes, bed to sleep. This daily habit can help develop a positive frame of mind.
- Get them involved for grocery shopping, and preparing food, they will become invested in the process and more likely to eat.
- Go to the source: teach kids where their food comes from. For me Planting tomatoes and herbs in the garden tempted our kids to try the fruits of their labor.
- Keep only healthy snacks in pantry
If you stock the kitchen only with healthy treats, kids will eat them. Keep them where they can reach without our help.
- We do on long drives very often and our kids eat more when they’re in the car than when they’re at the home. Make sure you’re prepared with nutritious snacks when you’re driving. We keep sliced apples, baby carrots, roasted black grams, nuts, cucumbers, home baked oatmeal cookies.
- If they don’t eat vegetables Drink: Smoothies and mixed fruit drinks like watermelon, banana, kale and mangoes can be a nice way to introduce fruits.
- Be a role model: Kids follow what they see. Make sure parents eat healthy.
- Shouldn’t give up the first time they rejects something.
- Have patience and don’t make eating time a punishment!!!
Please follow and like us: