There was an exhibition in my niece’s school and she was assigned to make home made beauty products. We both made bath soap, body scrub, toothpaste, House Cleaner, and a Lip balm. Today, I am sharing the recipe of the lip balm.
This is the everyday essential part of most of us. Adding beets give a nice dark pink tint.
Here is the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1/2 teaspoon beets juice or beetroot powder (available in whole foods)
- .14oz vegetable glycerin or honey (Optional)
- 2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil (Optional)
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax in a glass jar sitting in a small pot of simmering water and stir gently until melted.
- When melted, carefully stir in beets juice or powder, glycerin/honey and essential oils, if using.
- Once colors/oil are mixed in, transfer to tins, small box or lip chap containers.
- Let cool.Use as you would lip balm.