This mouth watering pizzas is made on a base of roasted eggplant. The smoky flavor and charred texture makes it more delicious. And yes its low-carbohydrate, gluten-free. You can replace the eggplant with squashes, cauliflower, broccoli depending upon the macros you are allowed.
- 3-5 Cherry tomatoes, fresh ( cant use too many tomatoes on Keto)
- 1 Eggplant, large
- 1 cup Spinach, fresh
- 3-4 Fresh garlic cloves
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil leaves
- Italian herbs
- colored bell peppers
- Salt- as per taste
- Fresh Black pepper
- Cheese of your choice ( I used monterey jack cheese)
- Wash the eggplant and slice in thick circles.
- On a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper, arrange the eggplant in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let it stay for 20-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Simultaneously, in a cooking pan add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Add fresh garlic, saute for a minute then add cherry tomatoes. It oozes out the juices and after that add spinach. Spinach too releases loads of water.
- Add peppers and rest of the veggies and keep cooking it.
- Add in salt and pepper and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Switch off the gas. Let it cool.
- After 20 minutes of sprinkling salt and pepper; place the eggplants inside the oven (375 F) for 20 minutes.
- Take the eggplant out from oven after 20 minutes.
- Splash Italian herbs and pour the cooked veggie mixture with spoon. Spread evenly ; now add cheese and a basil leaf.
- Broil for 5 minutes until cheese starts melting and looks little brown.
- Serve hot.