Broccoli is such an amazing vegetable and I’ve grown to love experimenting with it. This acts as a nice substitute to grains such as rice. Trust me there is no compromise in taste. You can have it plain with cumin seeds tempering or with some MACRO-FRIENDLY vegetables.
- 1 large head Broccoli
- Cumin seeds
- 3-Fresh Garlic cloves
- Bay leaf
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper – freshly grounded
- Biryani masala -(optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry broccoli.
- With a fine side of grater, grate broccoli into the size of rice. I avoid using food processor as result are not that good with it.
- Pour clarified butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add cloves, bay leaf and freshly crushed garlic saute it til you get the fragrance.
- Simply saute over medium heat.
- Add any other veggies like green beans, onions (As per your macros). Saute them.
- Now add the grated rice (Broccoli). Cover with a lid it steams and becomes more tender.
- Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, then season as desired (such as with s salt and pepper) or biryani masala.
- Serve with mint yogurt.