- Whole Milk
- Dried red chilies with stalk
- Green chilies with stalk
- 2 small bowls
2. Take 2 small bowls and pour the milk in them separately.
Insert 2 green chilies with the stalk in the milk in bowl 1. Make sure the stalks and chilies should submerge in the milk.
3. Cover both the bowls with a lid and place in a warm corner for 10-12 hours. I did this overnight. Though it was snowing here but I kept it near the heat vents.
6. Uncover the lids, bravo beautiful fresh culture is ready.I tasted it tastes good but I used this culture to set a yogurt for 1 liter milk.Lesson learnt: First time it didn’t set well as the milk I used was not at a good temperature. Second time I used little warmer milk
Setting yogurt with this fresh culture
1.Take boiled milk little warmer than lukewarm. I used approximately little more than 1 liter.
2. Take another container with a lid in which you want to set the yogurt..
3. Stir in 2 tablespoon of culture and keep mixing and stirring. I keep transferring and mixing from saucepan to container till a froth starts forming.
4. Put the lid on.
5. I have kept a small blanket for wrapping the yogurt. Wrap the container with blanket, and keep in some warm corner.
6. Mine sets in 5-6 hours.
7. Keep in the refrigerator at least for an hour so that it sets little firm before serving.
100 grams serving of Yogurt macros:
Hope it helps.
Scientific reason: The calyx of fruits (such as chilli) are often rich in various lactobacilli. These natural bacteria create a starter for lacto-fermentation of the milk.