Snow day and this angry edamame makes me quite happy on high protein diet. Young soybeans, in the pod, spicy, salty, and nutritious snack or side for this perfect weather.
- 2-3 cups edamame aka soybeans in shells- Fresh or frozen
- 20 ml unsalted butter (melted) or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tbsps sambal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xylitol/honey/or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder (as per your taste buds)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tsps lime juice, fresh squeezed to taste
1. Bring large pan of water to a boil in a medium pan. Add the edamame to the boiling water.Cook for 5 minutes. Drain the edamame and place them aside.
2.Mix the butter, garlic, sambal, salt, chili powder, cayenne powder, sweetener, and lime juice together in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed.
3. Toss the edamame with the dressing of spices and butter while the beans are hot. Serve hot.