Thought to ponder – Imagine your child comes back home from school, soccer, karate or you come back home after workout or work, pre-workout hunger pangs – and want something to eat. Before you just go and binge on some pre- packaged sugar loaded cereals, bars, frozen nuggets or cookies; Pause for a minute – would you choose from an option that helps you or your child with some great nutrients. If convinced, read ahead and try this simple frozen yogurt barks with fruits and nuts of your kids choice. This super snacks that will have you and your child feeling great! Its handy and can be prepared ahead. These are kids as well as elders friendly. You can make huge number and flavors with variations. It is full of protein – sure to keep you and your little ones feeling full longer.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt or hung curd
- 3-4 tbsp strawberries or mixed berries
- 1 tbsp xylitol or pure honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp nuts and seeds, toasted (pumpkin seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, cacao nibs)
- few drops vanilla essence (optional)
1. Whisk the yogurt, vanilla essence, sweetener in a bowl.
2. Take a baking tray lined with a parchment paper or wax sheet
3.Spread the yogurt mix over that tray and spread with spatula.
3. Spread some strawberries, nuts, and seeds on top and spread so that they get embedded in the yogurt.
4.Place tray in freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
4. Once hard enough, break into pieces and enjoy immediately as it melts fast.
5. Store in an airtight container or freezer safe air-tight bag.
You can use trail mix, chocolate chips, granola or any fruits and nuts of your and kids choice.
Macros in 100gms of yogurt (without toppings)
Protein 5 g
Total Fat 8 g
Total Carbs 6 g